Thursday 2 July 2015

 First of all I'm sorry my little gumdrops that I haven't been around much. (Blame exams and general life/boy stress), throughout the exam period and last few weeks I haven't been feeling my most shiniest, and as you lot may know when you are feeling and fed up it is literally the worst feeling, and though sometimes you feel like the best thing to do is cocoon and hibernate throughout the poo feeling. It doesn't actually help...
 
Sometimes it is really hard to get yourself out of that funk, and so I thought i'd just give you guys a few little tips on how to get yourself out of it or just take your mind off the poop feeling. It won't last trust me.

Tip Number One: Go outside.
Yes outside, even if you wanna just sit inside and watch crappy tv and consume your'e own body weight in the only company you'll ever need. (That's right Ben and Jerry
   DO NO
     Honestly just stepping outside even if it is just to get some air, can dramatically improve your mood... Also making you feel like you've accomplished something, try going for a run or swimming something that helps clear your head and makes that pint of Ice-cream not seem so awful or heavy on your tum-tum. Then again...

Tip 2: Woooooah you better SHOP.

 Shopping actually acts like a form of therapy, even if its just spending £3.50 on a LUSH bath bomb or a new piece of clothing, cd, game etc. But try not to go online. There is nothing like swinging a bag on your arm as you leave a shop and its instant. NO WAITING by the letterbox for three days, only to be told the package is too big and has been sent to the actual post office *Shakes fist*. It's also great to grab a few mates, we all have good days and bad days and they're mates for a reason.

TIP 3: DANCE. IT . OUT 
 who doesn't love a good dance? Even if you're not very good at it a little bit of old school 90s pop always brightens my morning/evening/life. (Think Genie in a Bottle and go from there...) Again this is referring to tip 1 a little, but have you ever just wanted to scream a long to that Britney Spears number and thought,''No I can't I'm a 46 year old heavy metal biker named Steve''?! Well Steve, I won't tell if you won't. Dance like no one is watching, which means you can literally go crazy.. Such a good relief of them feels.
    Personally whenever my flat is empty, I pump my speakers up to earthquake inducing level and put on some Taylor Swift (I'm not even ashamed) and literally shake off all the worries and poop feelings I have. Sometimes I do this even if flat mates are in flat (sorry guys, I'll buy you some choccie)
(who doesn't love Patrick Stewart, I mean check out his twitter pic)
 ANYWAY
Tip 4: Get your mates over and drink/eat until you can do no more
That literally explains it all really, but seriously if you are feeling a bit bummed out get all your favourite goodies and invite some friends over. Stick on a film that'll either
1) make you cry = think notebook (even if youre a guy you can't hide from the feels)
2) make you laugh = depending on your sense of humour, but personally 21 Jump Street is a top fav.
3) make you nostalgic = it was only a matter of time before I mentioned Disney (sorry not sorry)
 You don't even have to watch a film, just have a few drinks and talk about how you're feeling chances are they'll have been there too. Bake a cake? I find baking really helps me when i'm not feeling great some creative outlet that it truly tasty can never not make me smile... (mmmm cake)



most importantly : You won't feel like this forever, it'll pass everything does.

till the next time my little peach parfait, chin up and soldier on. You are most fab
                        M x

Maisie is loving: 
  • Cheese- Need i say more?
  • Charlie xcx- having got back from Glastonbury she is now on repeat on my ipod love it.
  • New homes- recently moved into a new flat and it's all so exciting and clean (for now)
  • The suggestion of colour being thrown into my wardrobe- apparently I can't live in black 24/7 and some floral prints are really catching my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment