Wednesday 8 April 2015

goodness gracious MY LAPTOPS ON FIRE.

Well, I would have posted more of my wisdom sooner, but I think the blogging gods are trying to tell me something. My laptop melted, YES physically melted. I mean I knew I was a hot blogging machine but did my actual blogging machine really need to get so hot and melt on me?!

                                    
  ANYWAY I shall be blogging from my phone for now until new laptop is purchased and appreciated with all its glory. (Expect many "Oooh shiny" noises coming from
Me ) WHAT I wanted to blog about was cartoons and Disney and the whole concept that they are just for children.  Having used to work for the Disney company (in the Disney store) you regularly heard parents telling teenagers and other adults telling their friends/coworkers/partners/pets  that "Disney is for babies." My good sirs and madams who think this way you are deluded. deluded I say.
                         

   Don't we all want a little magic in our lives?! Fairy tales are magic, and I feel they come really with really important messages that ANYONE of ANY AGE can learn from. (Apologies for the over use of capital letters, it's not the diary of a dramaholic for nothing.) The idea of everything working out is something I think we could all use sometimes. Especially when we have a 6,000 word essay in at the end of the month and all we've decided is the font we want to use..
SORRY I had to...   Referring back though, I can openly say I love disney and children's films. I cry my eyes out from the beginning to the end of most of them. (Especially lion king and Up! - they kill me) Well really people just take the piss out of me for it, in a nut shell crying like a baby at something made for a baby.
    Well boo to you, these stories are magical they are cartoon characters that arent be real BUT they make me feel something. Isn't that extraordinary?! That these stories have touched so many?! Still not convinced I shall carry on with my rant.
    I learn from them, I learn the idea of wishing, the value of love, friendship, hard work and dreams. (Yeah it's gone soppy. I'm not even sorry!)
     Having gone to uni and lost a bit of my safety net of home, I feel like I need these films now more than ever. They make me feel safe and like a good book everytime I watch them I take away something different from any one of them... IS this just me that feels that way?!
   I've also begin to notice some of the innuendos kids film have I mean....

                        
These are definitely kids films right, it must be aimed at not just children.... Still not convinced?
   Sometimes I think people forget that these films are for all ages, and who are you to shame someone on something they like?! It's just rude and makes you a bit of a meanie pants(and no one likes those) sometimes it's nice to watch your favourite kids movie not only is it utterly brilliant, but I'll bet you'll be flooded with happy memories and might even learn something from it... But what can I say my names Maisie Hale and I'm not only a dramaholic but a disneyaholic too! (Maybe my laptop wasn't the only thing that melted)
       It's okay to be a kid sometimes, make that fort and watch all your old school favs. Honestly it may be the best thing you do this week. You have 7 days a week 22 hours to be the grown up, but for that hour and a bit you can just chill, and believe in faries. Life moves so fast, wouldn't it be nice to digress for a little while to being a 6 year old again. Amazed and captivated by the magic of a story it doesn't have to be a film, a place or book even a meal. Anything that makes you feel teeny tiny again. . .  Let me know how you get on with it , I believe we all deserve some Disney Magic every now and again. Trust me!
 

  Right well after that I suppose I'd better bippidy boppidy boo outta here (I'm not even sorry)✨
   Till next time my little chickpeas, let me know how you go!
                      M xx
P.s gifs will be arriving on this post soon never fear dolls
Maisie is loving:

  • Non melted laptops (though utterly hilarious)
  • Wearing sunglasses for the first time in forever (hope I HAVENT jinxed it now)
  • Lemon fondant fancies, the ultimate Easter treat
  • Dancing round an empty flat singing at the top of my lungs 
  • Topshop, my always and forever 
GET SOME SUN ON YOUR BONES CHILD YA TOO PALE.





No comments:

Post a Comment